During planning and implementation phases you will;
- develop effective working relationships with the Venues and Infrastructure team, Venue General Managers, Sport Competition Managers and also venue owners.
- contribute to the detailed venue design and overlay plans for venues in your cluster and ensure that VTMs plan appropriately and consistently for the required technology spaces,
- structures and services and that these are understood by the functional areas on whom Technology are dependant.
- liaise with other functional areas to ensure their requirements are understood and accommodated within the constraints of the project, developing an increasingly detailed view of the
- technology products and services to be deployed in order to test and operate all the venues on time, within budget and for the best experience of the various clients.
- work closely with the Technology Equipment Asset Manager to capture the equipment allocation requirements and develop the allocation, management and recovery plans for each venue.
- work with venue management and technology partners to develop a detailed plan for delivery and operation of the venues.
- prioritise work, develop and maintain an overall program of works for the assigned venues.
- ensure VTM venue plans, risks and issues are kept updated and provide summary progress reports as required.
- initiate and track corrective action for any slippage or change in scope of venue implementation, transition and retrofit project plans.
- Identify areas of risk and develop contingency plans at assigned cluster level
For operational phases you will;
- support the recruitment of VTMs and assistant VTMs who will act as the senior point of contact within the venue for escalation and resolution of technology related issues in close cooperation with the venue management team, Technology Partners, Technology Operation Centre and other venue stakeholders.
- develop requirements for and take part in volunteer staff recruitment.
- develop requirements for and review training plans for permanent and volunteer staff.
- be actively involved in developing and agreeing balanced service levels with all stakeholders to ensure commitments are achieved.
- undertake VTM duties in a specific venue, provide VTM cover or act as Duty Venue Technology Manager as an escalation point for technology related issue resolution in the Technology Operations Centre
Throughout all phases you will;
- be supportive of a budget guidelines, challenging FA requirements and so demonstrate a rigorous design-to-cost approach that nevertheless supports effective and efficient venue operations.
- work closely with the Technology Services Manager to update the master technology plan and proactively assess and manage related risks, escalating urgent issues for resolution as required.
- provide line management, coaching and support to VTMs