The role of Software Architect is to design and develop software systems and applications. Software Architect shall manage the software creation process tailored to a business needs or customise an existing product selected by business unit. Software Architect acts as high-level decision maker in the process of determining design requirements to selection of technical standards, such as platforms and coding standards. Software Architect shall oversee the work of software development team and lead software development projects. Software Architect must be able to evaluate and identify software solutions. This role also requires working with a business users and management to discuss what they need their custom software to do or determining performance optimisation opportunities.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with IT team and business users to maintain high quality assurance
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently